Radiology Expert Forum
Need help with CT Scan report
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Need help with CT Scan report

I have been doctoring for abt. 3 months for left flank pain.  At present I'm seeing an orthopedic dr who ordered a CT of my lumbar spine looking for spinal stenosis or pinched nerve.. Following is the report, and I'm wondering if you could help me understand it's meanings.. I am somewhat worried about the calcification of the abdominal aorta..

CT SCAN STUDY OF THE LUMBAR SPINE, AXIAL/ SAGITTAL AND CORONAL
IMAGES, WITHOUT CONTRAST
Clinical Indication: Pain

The body heights and disc spaces are maintained normally. There is minor anterior and
lateral osteoarthritic spurring off the centra throughout the lumbar spine and minor
arthritic changes of the posterior facet joints in the lower lumbar spine. There is mild
posterior disc protrusion at L4-L5 and LS-Sl. The remaining discs appear normal. The
paravertebral soft tissues are normal. Note is made of a heavily calcified infrarenal
abdominal aorta and arteriosclerottc calcifications extending into the right and left
common and external iliac arteries. Sacroiliac joints are normal. No other significant
findings.
IMPRESSION:
Mild arthritic spurring off of the centra throughout the lumbar spine.
Mild posterior disc protrusions at L4-L5 and L5-S1.
Mild arthritic changes of the posterior facet joints in the lower lumbar spine.

Thank you,

2054227_tn?1360523094
This is a very specific question of personal medical care best discussed with your physicians.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979