Radiology Expert Forum
Report

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Report
Pet scan yesterday I have to have biopsey of right lung. Here is report. Increasind mild FDG uptake witin a stable-appearing pleuroparenchymal opacity in the right mniddle lobe. While this most likely represents benign inflammatory etiology, the rising in tensity of uptake does raise suspicion for malignancy.
Elsewhere, there is no definitive FDG PET evidence for mailgnancy from skull base through mid--thights. Can you get any ideas for me.  Went from SUV 2.8- to 3.9 from last Oct. There is now a stable appearing triangular opacity in the anteromedial right mid lung measuring app. 25x15mm.
This is a specific patient related question, and one must make sure that this is scar and not developing cancer. Please follow up with your doc!