Radiology Expert Forum
Translation of Radiology Report

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Translation of Radiology Report

I would like to get a translation to the following report, prior to seeing my obgyn.

Findings:
Uterus measures 9.3 x 4.3 x 5.0 cm.
Multiple small uterine fibroids are visualized. Subserosal fibroid of the posterior uterine body measures 2.0 x 1.9 x 1.9 cm. Small intramural fibroid of the posterior uterine body measures 1.3 x 1.2 x 1.3 cm. Small intramural fibroid in the  posterior fundal region measuring 13 x 14 x 12 mmwith possible submucosal extension. Small subserosal fibroid of the left aspect of the body measures 2.1 x 1.7 x 1.9 cm. The endometrial thickness measures  up to 9mm. THere is a small amount of fluid in the endocervical canal. The right ovary measures 3.4 x 2.5 x 2.5 cm and the left ovary measures 2.9 x 1.6 x 2.0 cm. There is a small dominant follicle or simple appearing cyst of the right ovary measuring 2.1 x 1.5 x 1.8 cm. The left ovary of unremarkble. No free fluid.
Impression:
Multiple uterine fibroids, as above.
Dominant follicle or small simple cyst of the right ovary, as above.
Small amount of fluid in the endocervical canal.

Please let me know what this is stating. Thank you.
Tags: Radiology, radiology report
This just states that you have fibroids. Radiology reports are designed for medical professionals, not lay people. You should direct questions about your specific case to your doctor.