Radiology Expert Forum
X-ray burns?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

X-ray burns?

Hi. Sorry to bother you again, but since my last question I've been having weird symptoms.  I had 3 xrays and no shielding- and the machine was an older chiropractic model, as the girl told me, a "point and shoot".  I felt a little sensation when the xray was taken.  Last night I had some redness around my waist/hip area and chest/ neckthat went away. Now I've been feeling like my skin is burned and excessively thirsty.  It's mostly around my chest/neck/ upper back.  A little around my waist area.   I'm really scared now.  Could this be due to the X-rays?   thanks for your time!
2054227_tn?1360523094
Given a normally functioning xray machine, there is no chance of this being related. The amount of radiation from an xray is about the same as spending a few hours on the beach, depending on the sun that day. Now, if the xray machine were totally broken, then you could have been overexposed, but this is highly unlikely.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979