Radiology Expert Forum
upper GI series barium swallow exam -rapid transition

Welcome to the Radiology Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics covered in this forum include Breast Imaging, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound and X-rays.

Hello Doctor

Please suggest me the cause of having rapid transition time of 15 min versus normal one hour for barium to reach to rectum whe upper GI series exam with barium swallow was done for me. To assist you with my background, I have severe autonomic neuropathy, suffered from unexplained diarrhea for almost 4 years non stop, ANA positive, atypical P-ANCA positive, elevated pancreatic polypeptides, once in a while monocytes go up, triglyceride level fluctuates from normal to as high as three times of upper limit, suspecion of arsenic poisoning  ( like mease lines in nails, loss of strands of hair just by putting hand on my head, severe hyperkeratinazation, loss of toe nails, fleeting arthralgic pain in small joints, discoid rash on forehead , and other type of rash on neck) or any corelation with any infectious disease transmitted through blood transfusion,

Thank you for any suggestions, any further testing, or diagnosis and treatment
This is a complex problem you should talk to your doctors about
Thank you for responding to my question. I undertstand that my labs results are creating a complex picture, However, can you answer as to why I had rapid transition time for barium. I would appreciate  your help