Rare Diseases Community
ADHD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

ADHD

i have a 4yr old she was diagnosed with adhd and she has been taking adderol for almost a yr now and it hasnot work sence the begining. now her doctor want to go from 1/2 pill in am and 1/2 pill in pm to 1 whole pill in am and 2 pills in pm. i refuse because she sees things that arent there when she was taking 1whole ill before. now im scared to give her more because we had so much trouble in the begining. and i dont know wht to do. i am trying to find a doctor (a good doctor) that treamts the ADHD and not just give the medicine that slows the child down. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advanced.
0%
 (0) 
ADHD
100%
 (1) 
children with ADHD
1 Member voted
I have trhee children with this and myself.
Oldest, 24 on rytalin then adderall (adderrall) till college.  no problems straight A's
Second one not diagnosed till junior year put wellbutrin. then off of it.
youngest is 11 and was on adderall (adderrall) for two years and I put him a natural supplement of vitamins this year. so far so good. he's skinny and I didn't like the weight loss issues.
I know the dosages go by weight and both drugs are different. you know your child best don't be pushed by the teachers or dr.'s    Some say sugars are a factor in ADHD  or ADD i disagree.   Good luck to ya!
You mentioned that your child is seeing things that are not there.......I strongly believe that Adderall (adderrall) has that affect….. it’s a great get up and go and stay focused drug when you first take it but it doesn’t take long for an exhausting vicious cycle to begin….. It feels like it enlightens your senses to stay focused but doesn’t have the ability to shut down and allow you to rest….(deep sleep rest) so after a while the hallucinations start happening .…. and its Only when your mind can’t take the exhaustion any more that your able to finally shut down and get real sleep……then once your rested the vicious cycle starts again!  This is the best way that I can think of to explain the effect that this medication can have ….. (the effect that it had on me personally)
After reading the symptoms that your Daughter is experiencing It sounds like the medication could be having the same affects on her to…….

Plus I wanted to make sure that you know…. Adderall (adderrall) is a highly addictive medication- and its not safe to discontinued its use without discussing it with a doctor first!

Healthy wishes to you and your Daughter…
Sincerely,
Tricia