AMYLOIDOSIS
amyloidosis, I have it, WHAT STAGE AM I AT IF I HAVE ICHING AND RASHES?
How are you? Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from the abnormal deposition of a particular protein, called amyloid, in various tissues of the body. Systemic amyloidosis has been classified into three major types: primary (AL), secondary (AA), and hereditary (ATTR). Symptoms in patients with amyloidosis depends on the organs involved. As a result, symptoms are vague and can not indicate which type or stage. Diagnosis of the stage or specific amyloidosis is made by detecting the characteristic amyloid protein in a biopsy specimen of involved tissue.  have this evaluated further for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.

Finding treatment for Amyloidosis is difficult, as few doctors are well-informed about it.  If you can, I urge you to go to Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN, or Boston University, as they both have Centers of Excellence for Amyloidosis.  My insurance covered me to go to Mayo, and it was well worth the trip.  Also, there is a great Amyloidosis ListServe, you will get it by googling Amyloidosis Support Groups, or Muriel Finkel, its founder.  They were very helpful to me.  Good luck!