Rare Diseases Community
Anyone else have a diagnosis of Oscillopsia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Hi I am hoping to find someone else who has been diagnosed with Oscillopsia. I was first diagnosed with this 5 weeks ago, with 1 good symptom free week in between these 2 bouts of Oscillopsia. I dont know if getting the shot and getting viral syndrome from the Pertusis/Whooping cough part of the shot can connect me to being diagnosed with Oscillopsia but the viral syndrome from it (fever and chills after the tetanus shot sent me back to the ER) and the Oscillopsia both followed right after getting the shot. But the best way to describe this scary condition is that every thing in my vision field feels like it is moving, jumpy and feels like the earth is shaking in my head when I walk. I was diagnosed by 2 ENT doctors and was told that it involves my inner ear. I woke with vertigo on Monday after the shot and by Friday I awoke with the Oscillopsia and it was severe and I called 911 who thought it was vertigo only and my husband came home and took me to my ENT doctor who gave me this as a 2nd diagnosis on top of the vertigo. Both conditions make me physically sick at my stomach from the shaky movement feelings it makes me feel. I have had a negative MRI and CT. A few of the family doctors at my family practice has never even heard of this condition but it is very real. I feel helpless and like I am going crazy! I also don't know if this is something that is permanent? Or if it will come and go like it already has once? And if I will be tied to having it off and on for the rest of my life? I cant get straight answers and would like to know what you have been told if anyone out there that has had or have this Oscillopsia diagnosis and can relate to me? Thanks so much and blessings.