Rare Diseases Community
Are my symptoms Naegleria fowleri ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Are my symptoms Naegleria fowleri ?

I have been using tap water to rinse my sinuses, post sinus surgery for chronic severe sinusitis. I even made the mistake of using warm tap water. I have just started to have face and head pain and headaches for the past 2 days. I'm also feeling kinda foggy, I don't know how to explain it. I'm having a hard time focusing. I'm worried that this may be signs of Naegleria fowleri. I'm scared and nervous because of what I have read about how fatal it is. I am a mother of 4 :(
Are these symptoms a sign of it? what else should I look out for?
another thing that I'm not sure if its related is that I was having major congestion and pressure deep in my sinuses and that cleared up right when I got the headaches and face pain.

Thank you for reading and taking time
The chances of getting struck by lightening are more than getting this,in a population.
Quit worrying and get your tension headache treated! Do consult your doc.
Best wishes.
Thank you, I'm glad to know the chances are slim. I'm still worried because I don't usually get headaches and this has been constant pain on my head and face pain and feeling foggy with an overall feeling of being out of it.
Guess that is what tension head ache is all about! Cheers!
I have read this from a site after also being worried about myself having it. 'Males are affected 3 times more frequently than females,15 probably reflecting a greater exposure risk rather than a true gender predisposition to infection. The probability of contracting Naegleria, once exposed to it, is estimated at 1 in 100 million exposures (Dr. Steve Tidwell, Texas Natural Resources and Conservation Commission Faculty, Austin, Tex.: personal communication, 1995 Aug 10). Once contracted, PAM is almost uniformly fatal, with only 10 survivors currently reported in the medical literature.8,16-24 One French study25 extrapolated the risk of contracting PAM after swimming once in water containing an ameba (amoeba) concentration of 10 per liter as being approximately 8.5 ×10-8.'

Pretty much, even if you had contact with Naegleria Fowleri in your nose, the chances of actually getting the disease (Primary Amoebic Meningloencephalitis) is 1 in 100 million. That made me worry a bit less, so maybe it will help you too.
maybe another kind of parasite?