Audible therapeutic ultrasound??
I realized a few months ago while receiving therapeutic level ultrasound on my lower back, I can HEAR it.  I didn't know this was anything out of the ordinary until I mentioned it to my physical therapist she told me that I was the first patient in 37 years to be able to hear it that she's seen.  I had a few ultrasounds after that and I was able to hear them as well.

It sounds very much like the crackling noise you hear with a Geiger counter or a lot of "static" or bubbling/fizzing.

I'm not sure how this works or how it is happening.  I didn't see an audiology forum on this site to post in.

I also hear a similar bubbling/crackling sound just prior to or during a hunger pang.  It sounds like I am hearing the noise from inside my neck.

Is there a connection?  Should I be concerned?  What causes this?

In my perception is seems as though I am hearing fluid noises through my skeleton.

Help!