Rare Diseases Community
Audible therapeutic ultrasound??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Audible therapeutic ultrasound??

I realized a few months ago while receiving therapeutic level ultrasound on my lower back, I can HEAR it.  I didn't know this was anything out of the ordinary until I mentioned it to my physical therapist she told me that I was the first patient in 37 years to be able to hear it that she's seen.  I had a few ultrasounds after that and I was able to hear them as well.

It sounds very much like the crackling noise you hear with a Geiger counter or a lot of "static" or bubbling/fizzing.

I'm not sure how this works or how it is happening.  I didn't see an audiology forum on this site to post in.

I also hear a similar bubbling/crackling sound just prior to or during a hunger pang.  It sounds like I am hearing the noise from inside my neck.

Is there a connection?  Should I be concerned?  What causes this?

In my perception is seems as though I am hearing fluid noises through my skeleton.

Help!