Babinski's Reflex
How can I treat Babinski's Reflex?  I have Multiple Sclerosis and it is the worse feeling when I feel my big toe jump for sometimes 2 hours.  I can take
tizanadine but it no longer helps.  Today I learned about this reflex and it is the first time I feel like anyone understood what I have been talking about.
How are you? Babinski's reflex occurs when the big toe moves toward the top of the foot and the other toes fan out after the sole of the foot has been firmly stroked. Reflexes are specific, predictable, and involuntary responses to a particular type of stimulation. This reflex usually disappears after the age of two but it can persist due to damage to the nerve paths connecting the spinal cord and the brain. A positive Babinski's reflex is consistent with neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis. Medications may not totally help prevent this reflex and safety is important to prevent the risk of injury. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.