Bartholin cyst treatment without surgery?
Hello:
I am 56 years old and I've had a bartholins cyst for four years. It acts up at times, is painful but then it subsides.  I have not had sex because I am afraid of it hurting.  Is there any way to make it go away other than cutting it? I'm too scared to have surgery.  
How are you? A Bartholin cyst requires no treatment  if it is asymptomatic or there are no symptoms. Treatment depends on the size of the cyst, the amount of discomfort it causes and whether it's infected, resulting in an abscess.  Hot sitz baths may help while antibiotics, surgical drainage.and marsupialization can be done if it is infected.  Laser therapy has been used but it is not widely available and is more expensive than other surgical treatment. Talk to your gynecologist about this for proper management. Direct clinical examiantion is important. Take care and regards.