Rare Diseases Community
Breast, shoulder, arm, back and neck pain.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

I'm 28 year old female, I'm overweight for my height. About 3 months after I had my daughter in june 2005 I started to get pain in my left breast (I didn't breastfeed) it also radiated into my back, my left breast is the bigger of the 2. I cannot feel any lump as such but sometimes feel like there is something there. I have been to the local gp where I have been examined by 2 different gp's who could not feel anything and the breast clininc and was physically examined by consultant, he couldn't feel anything and I had no further tests. Although this has not got any worse it is not going away. I get pain in my back, shoulder, arm, neck and side. I currenlty have deep tissue massages for quite large knots in my back, neck and shoulder. I have since had another baby and I still get the same pain. I never breastfeed my son (I tried once) and I leaked from both breasts. I feel the pain and swelling (I feel like it is swollen and tender to touch, but it was my bigger breast to start with) is not as bad whilst I'm on my period but experience it once it is finished and most of the other time. As its on my mind most days I feel like I feel it more. I do execise, I wear a sports bra, sometimes when I jump up and down I feel as if I can feel something in my breast and as if its pulling on my chest muscle, also feeling tender. The pain can go from being not noticable, to dull, to sharp pins and nipping, its not localised either can feel it all over the breast. Sometimes if my kids accidently knock my breast it feels tender and sore. I dont think there is a lump as such but do think there is something there. Do you have any ideas? its been over 3 years now and is effecting my life as I think about it all the time, do you have anyone else with same problem? xx            
p.s I feel clicky and creaky in my neck and down my breast bone, feels like it crunch's. I feel fine in myself (apart from the odd effects of being overweight!) dont feel overly tired or sick (as much as you can with 2 young kids!) xx any idea's would be most appreciated!