Can Dermatofibrosis Lenticularis (Buschke-Ollendorf Syndrome) affect the liver?
My 4 year old son may have Dermatofibrosis Lenticularis (Buschke-Ollendorf Syndrome) and the doctor told me to look it up to get myself prepared however, he spent a lot of time feeling around my sons liver and didn't explain why.

Can Dermatofibrosis Lenticularis (Buschke-Ollendorf Syndrome) affect the liver? Thank you
Hi there, I only know that in many cases it is asymptomatic, meaning that it doesn't affect the patient adversely...it is genetic disorder, and is manifested in lesions on skin and various parts of body...perhaps what he was checking for and will be testing for is for diabetes, as when this condition is found along with Buschke-Ollendorf Syndrome then it is very serious. Of course, in that case if there is diabetes present then it could affect the liver, likley he was feeling for evidence of inflammation in perhaps the pancreas, which is near the liver, or the liver and organs of the abdomen itself.

There is quite a bit of information on this and it would perhaps answer a lot more effectively your questions, as most of us here are not drs, only people who have an interest in medicine or have disorders and conditions that have  brought us here as well.

Hope you find the answers you need and best wishes for your son.
Thank you for your reply.
I have been finding it difficult to understand most information i keep finding on the internet but i'm continuously researching everything i come across.

Thank you for your help and clearing up some confusion