Rare Diseases Community
Chance of me having Naegleria fowleri?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Chance of me having Naegleria fowleri?

I have a cold and last night I used warm tap water and salt to clean out my sinus. I squeezed a water bottle to push the water up my nose and it didn't come out the other side, must not have done it right, so I stopped. I read after I used it about the two deaths in Louisiana and other deaths. I am EXTREMELY worried, I do not have a headache, stiff neck, loss of focus. I did not vomit. I am just so scared, even with the title of getting this disease is 'rare'. I don't know who to talk to, since it is rare doctors don't really know about it and I don't think they will take me seriously. I have always worried over everything. Has anyone else done this before and survived, with similar activities? I just need somebody with experience to talk to. I understand that salt and chlorine could kill it, but I have no idea how much of that there needs to be to kill it. I just can't seem to take my mind off this. I feel as if there was definitely something in my water, even though there's a high chance there was nothing. I get water from a cold river (Delaware River) and it doesn't suit conditions for the amoeba. The process of cleaning the water could have possibly killed all of the bacteria and amoeba. I obviously am never going to do this again, and this is one of the worst scares I have had in my life. Please help.