Chronic High White Blood Cell Count my symptoms...
I am hoping someone can answer me, sooner the better. I am a 37 year old female who has been having severe fatigue, unexplained weight loss, depression, fevers daily, sometimes over 102 at night for weeks,night sweats, extreme weakness, loss of apetite and body aches, I went to doctor, had a WBC of 20,000 and then was sent for a Peripheral Smear Blood Test last week, I feel like I am getting sicker by the day, but have no flu symptoms like sore throat or cold symptoms, what would my doctor be testing for?  
Sounds like HIV initial infection symptoms.  If so, soon your WBC will take a nose dive(close to zero) while you get sicker and sicker.
I was just diagnosed with Polycynthmia Vera. Mine is due to high red blood cells but it is also possible to have it with high white blood cells. It causes extreme fatigue, weakness & a lot of ur other symptoms. U may want to read up on it. It is rare & my hematologist told me they don't check for it regularly. Basically u have to have something major happen. I went into liver failure & they traced it back to PV. Then they also diagnosed me w/Budd Chiaris, also rare, caused by the PV. For years I had numerous docs run labs & they never found anything except my blood was thick & "I wouldn't have to worry abt bleeding to death". Quacks!