Rare Diseases Community
Complex formed musical hallucinations
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Complex formed musical hallucinations

Hi, I am a 22 year old male and I'm afraid my brain might be in trouble. This all started over a year ago when I suddenly heard the strangest music ever playing. It was epic and holy and immeasurably beautiful. I poked my head out my window and out my door and realized that the music was playing inside my head. Immediately I was stupified, but I was calm and lucid too, wondering, "Will I ever hear this again?", "What does this mean?", "How is this possible?" etc. I think it is important for me to say 1. I do not have hearing problems at all, 2. I am not a very religious person (although spiritual) 3. I am Not musically-inclined. I'll try to explain the music. It comes and goes rarely, never lasting more than 15 minutes, and never louder than the first time it happened. As soon as the music fades away it is like a dream I can't remember. It is almost orchestral in nature, there seem to be repeating cycles (are those called melodies ?) and quick unpredictable musical jokes and jests and jeers, which are all in good-nature. So the music itself is a very positive force, and there have never been any voices. Sidenote: While the music is playing, my ability to spell words becomes greatly impaired. However, over the past month the hallucinations have been quieter and more frequent. Additionally, I have been having morning headaches and blurry vision sometimes. Are we looking at a brain tumor here? I'm going to get an MRI but does this sound like anything to anyone ?