Constant pressure after removal of rectum
I had my rectum removed 2 yrs ago due to a history of Crohn's disease and rectal prolapse.  I had undergone numerous rectal surgeries for the prolapse and had Crohn's and dissociative proctitis in the rectal stump from when they did my colostomy in '95.  It was causing me great pain and pressure so I opted to have it removed (also to remove all chances of rectal Ca) .  Well, the pain/pressure has not gone away and has in fact gotten worse! I almost feel like I would get relief if I could "push something out" again! (I had a post op abcess that went from my rectal incision up to the abdominal incision but that all resolved and I had a CT scan about 1 yr ago that did not show any abcess. Any ideas of what this could be? Or what I can do about it? If I am on my feet for too long it gets worse! Help! Now my tailbone area is starting to throb too!
I know that you posted that years ago now, but has your situation improved at all? My mom has suffered from chronic post-op abdominal perineum resection and proctectomy for 11 years now, and is in terrible shape due to massive amounts of pain meds for so long, etc.  Any word on fellowship and/or solutions for this kind of thing?