Rare Diseases Community
Constant pressure after removal of rectum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Constant pressure after removal of rectum

I had my rectum removed 2 yrs ago due to a history of Crohn's disease and rectal prolapse.  I had undergone numerous rectal surgeries for the prolapse and had Crohn's and dissociative proctitis in the rectal stump from when they did my colostomy in '95.  It was causing me great pain and pressure so I opted to have it removed (also to remove all chances of rectal Ca) .  Well, the pain/pressure has not gone away and has in fact gotten worse! I almost feel like I would get relief if I could "push something out" again! (I had a post op abcess (abscess) that went from my rectal incision up to the abdominal incision but that all resolved and I had a CT scan about 1 yr ago that did not show any abcess (abscess). Any ideas of what this could be? Or what I can do about it? If I am on my feet for too long it gets worse! Help! Now my tailbone area is starting to throb too!