DES drug prescribed in the 1940's -1970's
Hello
I couldnt find a section that covers the topic of the drug DES that was given to women to stop misscarriages in the 1940's to about 1970's

My mother was given it and I wonder if it has caused any problems with her children. I was told she had 4 misscarriages.

I have only recently found out a boy she misscarried before my eldest brother was born in the 1940's. So I assume she had DES for my eldest brother. My mother is deceased due to cancer and my eldest brother died of testicular cancer in 1993
Hi...I am a DES Daughter...I had difficulties getting pregnant..and other female issues such as premature ovarian failure.

I do not know alot about it, but it appears to affect the female offspring more than males and it is now considered to be affecting the granddaughters as well.

I know there is another MH member that has this issue I believe we crossed paths in the thyroid forum.

If u r interested in talking on this please fee free to PM me.

"selma"
Hi Selma
I didnt have any problems getting pregnant. We have three children.
My eldest brother deceased 1993 had testicular cancer. I only just found out my mother had a misscarriage before he was born so I can assume she had DES to have my brother.
I was told she had 4 misscarriages but she passed away in 1995 so am unable to confirm this.
My other brother died in 1993 but not due to cancer etc
I believe but cant confirm both brothers had fertility problems

She may or may not have had DES for me but she told me she was given medication to prevent misscarriages. I now wish I had asked her more questions
Matilda
My mom is still here and she really didn't know too much about it or possible side effects that she never said nething when I was having all my female issues.

I did read that males can be affected as well.

I will PM u a link to more info.

"selma"