Dercums disease
are there any studies being done where my son could be treated as he has no insurance and is unable to work because of the disability.
Also I would like to know if this would qualify him for SSI or SSDI.
I'm not sure about the studies,but if he is considered disabled he certainly is qualified for SSDI and if he is approved he will the receive Medicaid from the state he lives in and his Dr. bills will be 100% covered.Good luck!Just Google how to apply for SSDI OR SSD.Let me know how things work out for you and your son.
I DUNNO, I HAVE SOME OF THE S&S OF DERCUMS, THE WEIGHT GAIN AND PAINFUL FAT, PAINFUL LIMPOMAS, FATIGUE PAIN IN BACK AND LEGS, WITH STIFNESS ESP AFTER SLEEPING AT NIGHT, MENTAL FOG, DEPRESSION ETC, WHEN I GOOGLED THE PAIN IN LIMPOMAS I GOT DERCUMS DISEASE THOUGH I AM BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MS, THEY HAVE FOUND LESIONS ON MY BRAIN BUT NOT IN THE CLASSIC HAND CONFIGURATION, I HAD A STRANGE SWELLING OF MY UPPER LEG WHICH APPEARS NORMAL ON A SONAR BUT IS DEFINATLY THERE AND ALSO IT HAS WEIRD TINGLY FEELINGS AND PAIN, I DONT TOLERAQTE HEAT AND HAVE PICKED UP A LOT OF WEIGHT IN A FEW SHORT MONTHS, IM GETTING SO SICK AND TIRED OF NOT GETTING HELP, DOCTORS REFUSE TO GIVE ME PAIN MDS AS THEY DONT THINK LIMPOMAS ARE PAINFUL, SO RIGHT NOW I AM IN LIMBOLAND,  HOW DO THEY DX DERCUMS.
I JUST WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER, AS IM GOING STIR CRAZY.
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE