Diagnosis is pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta (PLEVA).
pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta (PLEVA)
               I have no idea what or why I have these outbreaks.
Tiny red blister like bumps under the skin, first started in 2008, when my sister had breast cancer. She called me to come stay with her through oral radiation treatments. It was a very stressful year. I had returned home only a few times.
I posted pictures from an outbreak in 06/21/2009. There is a water treatment plant about 2 miles as a crow flys from where I live. When to my suprize my white ceramic tub had turned brown. I had been taking my long hot baths in that water?

I have found a small old pharmacy, that has liquid CAMPHOR SPIRIT. I started using it before I was diagnosed by my dermatologist with (PLEVA). It is  It is a drying agent and has really helped me in clearing up the outbreaks. It has 84% alcohol and labled danger/poison.  Maybe if the child suffering with (PAEVA) just rubbing alcohol will give them some confort.
How are you? The cause of PLEVA is not known but has been associated with viruses, vaccines, and other illnesses. Ultraviolet therapy as well as topical steroids and antibiotics may help provide relief. However, it is best that you discuss this with your doctor or dermatologist for proper management. Take care and regards.