Rare Diseases Community
Do I have a bone chip in my elbow??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Do I have a bone chip in my elbow??

Hi so for a while know I have had a problem with my left elbow. I play competitve volleyball and I hit it on the ground continuosly. It is know quite a bit bigger then my right one and everytime I hit the ground it goes dead and hurts to bend, also the slitest tapes on it hurt like heck and well it feels really weird.

So if anyone can tell me what I might have and what I should do about it

Thanks :)
I've have many elbow problems, and I'm not saying you don't have a bone chip, but the for sure way I knew when I would chip my elbow again was when my elbow would "lock" in place.  It would be sudden, and I wouldn't be able to move my elbow for a long time it was like frozen, that was from the bone chip going into my elbow joint and locking it up.
Can anyone answer this. At the weekend I fell heavily on my elbow and the following day the elbow was swollen and red, the forearm and hand were also swollen, so I contacted my Doctor, who steered me to a walk in centre, where they x rayed it and said it was badly broken. The Humus had been broken off and it was floating in two pieces. I was then directed immediately to the local accident and emergency hospital in the Town. The Doctor informed me that it was broken, but was not a place to plaster it. He suggested an operation, which I wasn't keen on being a diabetic. After a two hour wait, he gave me an appointment got the fracture clinic the following day. I say a Consultant who said it wasn't  broken, he was staring at my x ray and it was clearly floating free from the rest of the elbow. When I pointed this out, he said that we all had a floating piece of bone, which apparently protected the rest of the elbow. At that, he gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to contact my Doctor after 7 days, especially if it is still hurting. So I am confused, is it or is it not broken