Extremely Low Triglycerides, High HDL
I had a lipid panel performed last year but didn't pay much attention to it at the time because there was a death in the family.  Now, it's almost time to have one again, so I looked back at last year's results:

TRIGLYCERIDE  13
HDL  101
LDL CALCULATED  43

The triglycerides are extraordinarily low.  I do not have hyperthyroidism.  (In fact, another panel taken on the same day showed me to have hypothyroidism.)  My liver function is also normal.  I was not following any type of special diet at the time.  

Could my low triglycerides be genetic?
How are you? There has been studies associating triglyceride levels to genetics especially with the microsomal triglyceride transfer protein(MTP) gene. However, this gene can be associated with high plasma triglyceride levels, instead. Withe regards to low triglyceride levels, this could indeed be due to a variety of factors such as prolonged fasting, exercise prior to the test, intake of fish, and overactive thyroid or even liver disease ( which have been ruled out already).  The best thing to do at this point is to have a recent blood chemistry including your lipid profile to  be able to compare the results. Take care and do keep us posted.