Rare Diseases Community
Face flushing--low grade fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Face flushing--low grade fever

I recently (7/28) had a defib unit installed.  Seven weeks later, I contracted an infection under the unit. I was put in the hospital for a week on an IV Daptomycin, then a week on outpatient IV Daptomycin.  I was then put on two oral
antibiotics at home.  Everything was fine until until 10 days ago, between the hours of noon and 4 p.m., my face
flushes and I will run a low-grade fever.  I break it with Tylenol or aspirin and all is well through the night and through
the next morning.  In the afternoon, again, my face flushes like a sunburn and my temp will rise a degree or a degree and a half. I called my doctor and he said to get off the two antibiotics and get a blood culture ran.
I have had blood tests (sed rate 0), urine tests, and a blood culture ran and nothing shows up.
It's almost on schedule that my face turns red and the fever begins.
Are there problems with too much antibiotics?  What in the world could be causing this?
I am a male, 72 years old and am on medication for blood pressure (controlled), epilepsy (controlled), and a heart
med (Coreg).  I have no other symptoms of anything.
Would appreciate any ideas you might have.
Did you ever get an answer to your problem?  I have those symtoms (symptoms) and so far no easy answers
No, but it's getting better.  The internet says that one cause of this is
too much antibiotics.  I may get one flush per day, but no fever.
It's not my medication, I've been on it for years.
I had to have heavy and strong antibiotics for two weeks to counteract the infection under my defib unit.  Then I was on two oral antibiotics
for about 20 days when it started.  I was pulled off all antibiotics and it's
gradually getting better.  May take up to 30 days to get it all flushed out
of my system.
Also, another cause is hypoparathyroid output.  A blood test will tell you this.
my sister is having similiar symptoms except  she is 8 and isnt on any medications her cheeks are just always red and splotchy all the time for the past 2 days and she has a lowgrade fever almost not their what do you think i i should do