Fibrodysplacia
I had a bone growth removed when i was 10 they told us was fibrodysplacia, i am now 33 is it possible that i could now be getting more growths. i have a few bumps on my head near my left ear(same side i had the growth on my temple) that ive never noticed before and have been causing pain. I do have screws in my head but its left temple and top of left side of skull.
How are you? Are there other symptoms present?  If you are referring to Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP),  an extremely rare disease of the connective tissue, you may need to have this checked by your attending physician for proper evaluation. This condition is caused by an autosomal dominant allele and is said to have no definite treatment.Surgical removal of the bone growths has been shown to cause the body to repair the affected area. Take care and do keep us posted.