Rare Diseases Community
Help for unusual condition
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help for unusual condition

I am not sure you can help, but will ask anyway.  My husband, age 75, has had 5 recurring bouts with confusion, anxiety, depression and different additional symtoms (symptoms) that have occurred each time.  This started in June and, unbeliveably, has occurred at approximately 6 - 7 week intervals since then.  He has been to the er 4 times. He has had multiple mri's, cat scans, blood tests, eegs, etc. and nothing has been found.  He has seen a neurologist, psychiatrist, hemotologist etc etc.  In between the episodes, he gets back to normal.  The onset of the problem is gradual and it goes away gradually. No one has any idea what is going on.  He has been diagnosed with pneumonia, sinus infection by two different doctors when he first was admitted to the hospital.  But specalist said that was wrong.  Zoloft was suspected as a cause, that didn't pan out.  Even though there was no evidence of seizures, because he had 3 episodes of not being able to wake up  for several hours, they put him on anti seizure meds a month ago - just in case that was the problem although eegs indicated no problem.  Now he is having another episode.  At my wits end and do not know where to turn.  Our primary doctor said he has been in practice 37 years and has never seen anything like this.  In addition, my husband now has swallowing difficulty and is on thickened liquids and minced food.  He  has been seeing a swallowing therapist who, as of last Friday, thought he was doing very well.  However, since then he has gone down hill and is having difficulty again.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rare Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank