Horses: Swamp cancer or Pythiosis
I am planning to Winter in Florida (Webster) where I own 6 acres of land.  A neighbor with 3 horses has recently had one diagnosed with Pythiosis.  
This has been a wet Fall in Florida and there is some standing water in a few sections of the area.  Apparently her horse liked to go into this water and that is how it got the fungus.
Is there anything that one can do to eliminate the fungus that causes Pythiosis?
How are you?  Treatment of pythiosis, a fungal-like organism in horses and dogs, that causes severe local allergic reaction. However, human pythiosis- though rare, has emerged as an important parafungal disease. To prevent  transmission, try to avoid exposure to standing water which could be the source of infection. Eliminating these specific areas may also help. Take care and best regards.
Thanks... We have not moved yet but were wondering if this was a deal breaker.. We currently live in Canada and have no such problems with horse diseases... so this outbreak (due to lots of standing water everywhere this Fall) is making us reflect on our plans...

This is the first time there is so much water on one side of our land, in the past it has been quite dry... but of course, climate change... YIKES