Lower left side abdominal spasm...Should I be scared?
I have had gastric bypass about 6 yeas ago. In the last few months I have started experiencing some weird things on the left side of my abdomen. For a few months now I have experienced minor spasms here and there and then uncomfortable ache that would get pretty bad sometimes. Usually it hurts more when I stand up and hurts all the way through my back and hip. Sometimes I get super bloated and the pressure is so uncomfortable. But lately I've been feeling the spasm constantly. It just won't stop. It's starting to drive me crazy. It's like an annoying eye twitch but in my left abdominal area.  

I have friends that have had diverticulitis...they seem to think it could be something like that. Or a hernia? I don't have health insurance so I can't afford to have it checked out. But I'm wondering if I should be worried.

I need to know what this might be and if I should be on my way to to hospital for and ultra sound?! can someone please help?
How are you? Diagnosis of both hernia and diverticulitis warrants direct clinical examination and diagnostic tests including imaging studies. If it is due to muscle spasm, it may respond to prescription medication. However, if it persists, it is best that you have this checked for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.