Rare Diseases Community
Microtia...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Microtia...

I know a lot about the treatment option for Microtia, either being a prosthetic, or surgery. Then with the two types of surgery, using the rib at a later age or using the new Medpor technology to graft an ear. I was wondering if there is a good website for scholarly articles about the surgical methods of treatment for this condition?? I've found a few about the older method of using the rib, but haven't really found any for the Medpor side of it. I have to do a literature review for a class about a medical condition, and I chose this one, but I'm having a hard time finding more info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Using an autologous rib graft transplant is the most widely accepted approach to microtia reconstruction.  Medpor is a more recent alternative to microtia reconstruction. It is a porous polyethelene,piece of surgical plastic which replaces using the rib in the ear reconstruction process. These links may be helpful for your Medpor Reconstruction:
http://www.csmc.edu/Patients/Programs-and-Services/Microtia/MEDPOR-Reconstruction.aspx
http://www.atresiamicrotia.org/treatment/

Take care and regards.
Blank
thanks so much!
Blank
Hi swetpea03,

Your welcome. Glad to help you out. Do write back if you have additional queries. Take care always!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rare Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...