Muscle pain and rash
About  a week ago I felt like I pulled a muscle on my back and ignored it.
I assumed it was from lifting weights improperly, at the Gym.
The pain seemed to spread out on my back and made my skin feel sensitive, a flue like sensation except I did not have a cold or fever.
Motrins helped.
I noticed a bumpy rash on the same area where the pain was. It has the look of Poison ivy.  No itching sensation.
The pain seems to be less but the rash seems to be same.
Are they connected?
What is Causing this
How are you? Can you elaborate on the rash? Rash associated with pain in a localized area may be caused by shingles or the herpes zoster virus. This is specially true if you have had chicken pox before and again exposed to the same virus that caused it. The rash is blistery and painful. It is located in only one part or dermatome. Rest, pain medications and anti-viral medications may help. This usually resolves after a few weeks. However, for proepr diagnosis, have this evaluated further by your doctor. Direct clinical examination is important.Take care and best regards.
Thanks for the diagnosis, I checked the internet for information on Shingles and photos of the rash are identical to mine.
I have an appointment with my Dr. This morning, I assume he will run the necessary tests.
Rest is a scarce luxury.  I have to heal in my office.
Thanks for the timely input. It put my mind to rest.
I'm glad I could help. Viral infections usually resolve after a few days to weeks but you need to have supportive management as well for faster recovery. Rest and drink plenty of fluids also. Take care and  do keep u posted.