Rare Diseases Community
My friend

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

My friend

my friend has recently developed a disease it is highly contagious and is only supposed to be afflictive to males only it is rare and there are only 2 ways he can come out of this 1 prefectly fine 2 dead what is it called and can you give my advice on what to do for him
I would have to say, ask your friend what the disease is called as no one on here is likely to know what it is if you say it is very rare. find out what it is from your friend, and then Google it, ask the doctor what is and for information on it. and pray that he turns out OK. sorry i can't help more.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your friend? There are many possible conditions that could be present with your friend. And additional information is needed to identify what it is.  If it is highly contagious ,it is best that your friend refrain from dealing with other person/ males and to see his doctor for proper management. You can directly contact his doctor and ask how you could help since his attending physician is more knowledgeable about his case.  Take care and regards.