Pain in both big toes
As long as I am moving on my feet, I do not sense any numb-like big toes.  Mostly before retiring for the night, both my big toes feel cold--but are not. After taking a bath the numb-like feeling eases.  When I wake up in the morning, my feet are fine.  My hands are fine—only and mainly my big toes.  Any idea what may be the problem?  

Thanks, Jim
Welcome to the forum!
You could be suffering from gout, which also results in joint pains and swelling. This is due to high uric acid in the body that gets accumulated in the joints. Another possibility is Chondrocalcinosis which is similar to gout but caused by deposition of calcium pyrophosphate rather than uric acid. The third possibility is rheumatoid arthritis. Gout and chondrocalcinosis are typically known to affect only the big toe in 75% cases.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult an orthopedic specialist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!