Painful arm veins
I have pain in my right forearm, it started as like bolts of pain running up and down my forearm. It went away for about 10 or 15 minutes but then the pain started in my elbow, stronger this time. That lasted about 15 minutes and went away for a couple minutes it then started on my shoulder even more strong this time; I felt the pain running down my arm to the tips of my fingers. The pain was so strong that it made me cry. I took 200mg of ibuprofen. It helped with the pain and I was able to sleep comfortably. After a day went by, the pain returned. It wasn't as strong as when the pain hit my shoulder, but I cannot touch my forearm because of the pain. The pain runs from my elbow to the tips of my fingers. What could be wrong? Should I be worried?
How are you? What other symptoms are present? If there was no history of injury or trauma to the arm, this could be due to musculoskeletal issues like bursitis, tendinitis; neurological issues such as brachial plexus injury, carpal tunnel or ulnar nerve entrapment,  as well as repetitive stress injuries.  It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination including neurological examination as well as diagnostic tests may need to be done for  proper diagnosis. Rest and  pain medications may be helpful at this time. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.