Rare Diseases Community
Pink sweat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Pink sweat?

For the past two weeks I have noticed my cuticles a very pink color. Then four days ago I took off my socks at the end of the day and my socks were pink, this has happened the past four days. There is nothing I was wearing that would bleed a pink/red color to stain the socks. Two days ago I noticed my underwear are completely stained pink as well, again no clothes i was wearing could cause this. Is there a possibility this is coming from pink sweat? An infection? I am a master's student in biology so I work in the lab with many chemicals, but none of which cause this problem that I know of. The only other symptom I have is what feels like a yeast infection that I am treating as such, it could possibly be a different kind of infection. If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate it.
Did you ever find out anything about this pink sweat?  I had surgery this past wednesday and I had the same problem.  My underwear and clothes turned pink as well as my razor after shaving.  I am very interested to see if you found out anything more

I was having trouble with excess sweating then I was sweating red after drinking V8 juice. It turned out after a year of testing that I was boarder line diabetic. I had to stop eating sweets and fruits and was on some diabetic medicine for about a year. It changed my life. Now I can eat sweets again within reason.
Did you ever find anything out about the pink sweat? I have the same problem
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Chromhidrosis is a rare condition characterized by the secretion of colored sweat. Normally, the body has two glands that produce sweat: eccrine and apocrine glands. Eccrine glands secrete a clear, odorless fluid that serves to regulate body temperature while apocrine glands secrete a thick, milky sweat that, once broken down by bacteria, is the main cause of body odor.  Chromhidrosis is apocrine in origin. Apocrine glands are found in the genital, axillary, areolar, and facial skin. Lipofuscin pigment, which is produced by the apocrine gland, is responsible for the colored sweat. Various oxidative states account for the characteristic red, blue, green, yellow and black sweat that have been reported.
        Eccrine chromhidrosis is rare and it occurs with ingestion of certain dyes or drugs. I hope this helps. If it persists, have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. Take care and best regards.
I started using Xango juice over a year ago and noticed that my shirts, mostly around the neck, turned pink/orange and this would not wash off my clothes - not ever with bleach.  I quit using Xango for several months.  Then started using it again at 1 oz a day and the same thing - shirts and bras started turning pink, but that is not all; my hair turned orange around my face and neck (where it touches my skin) !!  It will not wash off with Malibu treatment or highlighting!!
3/27/10
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? If the colored sweat persists with the Xango juice, try to discontinue it. It is uncommon for other people to experience this. As mentioned, this could be due to the glands responsible for our sweat. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper management.  Take care and do keep us posted.
Dear dr Santos,
If the sweat is pink and drug related, can you maybe indicate what kind of drugs is used and can you maybe indicate the dangers of this disease and how it is managed - I know you recommend that the person go to his/her own doctor, but would appreciate if you can give me a little more detail.  Thanks, JCV
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you for posting. As mentioned above, lipofuscin pigment, which is produced by the apocrine gland, is responsible for the colored sweat. Studies mention of contamination of dyes (colored chemicals, pigments from microorganisms such as Corynebacterium sp.) or drugs ( clofazimine). A few of these dyes can be isolated and identified in some cases. Due to various oxidative states,  the characteristic red, blue, green, yellow and black sweat that have been reported is usually observed. You can check on dermatology links or this http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1072254-overview#showall
Take care always.

Hi.. i found a pink sweat for the past two days but as u said am not using any drugs, dyes or juice which is responsible for pink sweat and i don't know what to do now..