Please help
Ok, those of u who wish to help me research this/give me some opinions, I would be incredibly great full!

I have toxoplasmosis since I was 15.
It caused me to go blind in one eye but I was treated and now the virus lies dormant in my system because once u get it, u have it for life...latent in your body. 25% population have this apparently.

13 years later I get heart disease out of nowhere, my theory lies ( because docs hav no clue why a 28 year old would have this) on the fact that it was the toxo, after doing a bit of research...I'm better now. I take heart meds for life (unless my heart recovers 100%, and it's getting there..)

Lastly I've read on current 2013 sources that toxoplasmosis could be one of the most feared parasites because if it does infect the brain I.e cause encephalitis, then the neurotransmitter dopamine is excelled in the brain and you could develope bipolar or schizophrenia. Studies have shown statistically that schizophrenics/bi polar patients have toxoplasmosis latent within their system.

I am worried. Is anyone willing to help me research more into this? I have been on ADs for over 15 years now. Could be my psychiatric problems....but what if there's a relation to the toxo?
Any views??
Many thanks! Xx
HI,
How are you? Can you elaborate on your heart condition? What  diagnostic tests were done and what was the diagnosis? Many factors may are considered in determining the cause of the heart problem. While people with healthy immune system usually recover well with treatment of toxoplasmosis, medications may be indicated for symptomatic patients. Toxoplasmosis, however, may return and may spread throughout the body. For proper evaluation, it is best that you check with your doctor also. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hiya
Thanks for your reply. Basically I could suddenly not breathe well, and initially they thought it was pneumonia. It wasn't until they did a scan that they realised a week later it was heart disease. I had an 18% pumping rate and the left ventricular was totally bloated. So, they gave me ramipril and bisoprolol which has helped me get to 55% a year later.
They thought it might have been a virus, but I'm not too convinced because I'm quite young, so I don't see how I could have been that frail. I did have chemotherapy as a child which they thought may have weakened my heart, and I am on antidepressants which aren't great for the heart either. Other than that, it could be the toxo ?
Xxx