Rare Diseases Community
Please kindly help my little daughter!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

My daughter is  nearly five years old now. Whenever she watched TV, she came very near to the TV. I felt something wrong with her eyes and took her to the doctor when she was two years old. The examination result is that she has Macular scars in both eyes. Is there any treatment for her? It is now time preparing for her to enter into elementary school, but she cannot see letters. Please help!!!
***@****
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your daughter?  Can you elaborate on the macular scars that was seen when she was younger? The best thing to do at this point is to go for follow-up with her doctor or ophthalmologist for re-evaluation before she goes to school.  If she cannot see letters, further examination may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Dear Dr. Santos,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I have followed-up with her doctor and there is no treatment except having Ocuvite Lutein for preventing worse situation. I also have her eyes' pictures. How can I send it to you?

It is very strange that she seldom falls while walking or running.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks & best regards
Duyen
If you have not taken her to a pediatric retinologist, I'd encourge  you to contact a medical school near where you live and speak with someone in their opthalmology office.  The Wills Eye institute in Philadelphia and the UCLA opthalmology department are only 2 of many good resourses.  Best of luck to your daughter.