Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) .. anybody have info on it? ...
A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD).  Is this disease controllable?  What type of doctor handles it?  A Nephrologist I guess versus a Urologist?  Is it hereditary in all generations or does it skip?

I found this info on MedHelp which is really helpful but was wondering if anybody else has more info to share.

http://www.medhelp.org/tags/show/15841/Polycystic-Kidney-Disease

C~
How is your friend? There are two forms of polycystic kidney disease (PKD): the  autosomal dominant PKD and the autosomal recessive PKD. The dominant type usually causes symptoms in adulthood while the recessive PKD usually causes symptoms in infancy and early childhood. The phrase “autosomal dominant” means that if one parent has the disease, there is a 50 percent chance that it will pass to a child. In some cases, it can occur spontaneously in patients. In these cases, neither of the parents carries a copy of the disease gene. It is best that a nephrologist is consulted for proper management. PKD has no cure but it can be managed with medicine to control high blood pressure; medicine and surgery to reduce pain; antibiotics to resolve infections; dialysis to replace functions of failed kidneys and even kidney transplantation. Take care and do keep us posted with your friend's condition.
i have diagnose of polycystic kidney, I just want to now if there will be a problem in my pregnancy?
How are you? For most women with polycystic kidney disease, pregnancy is successful. However, you need regular prenatal check-up and blood pressure monitoring. Women with high blood pressure may develop a serious condition, called preeclampsia. Discuss this with your doctor for proper management. Take care and best regards.