Post Streptococcal Reactive Arthritis ...
My daughter had it for 2 very long years which was eventually diagnosed by very high level in bloodwork and confirmed by her Pedi Rheumatologist.

If anybody has this as a diagnosis, or wonders about it with questions, please feel free to post or message me.

It's been years and she is just fine now,but was a long road to recovery.

Cheryl
Please tell more about it and what problems did ur daugter had like fever/pain etc during that period.
It presented itself at the ER during a flu like illness.  Both her legs blew up and the tendon sheaths became as tight as saran wrap . and her joints hurt from hip down. When she got her diagnosis she has limited range of motion in her S1, hip, both knees, ankles with swelling and fluid.

It presented itself very similar to Rheumatic Fever but the Rheumy distinguished it from Rheumatic Fever based on symptoms of longevity and type of pain, etc.

She did tons of bloodwork and an ANTI-DNase-B test confirmed the #'s in the 400's being extremely high for the antibody indicative to causet his uncommon/rare ocurrence for which I was told there are no stats in children.

They ruled out lyme and a multidue of other things. As well as full cardio normal workup to be certain no strep coming from there.

Looking back she had a few strep throat cultures come back negative which one may have been misread or or missed and, thus, the strep never really went away from a strep throat left untreated.

Today she is 17 and thriving.  

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl!

Can you tell me what kind of treatment your daughter had and how long it lasted? I think my son might have something similar. His Pediatric Rheumatologist prescrived Naproxen and said he may be on it for up to a year. That worries me...among other things. Thanks!
My son has battled strep for a few months. Tonsils out nov 15th. Nov 21, after being off antibiotics for 3 days, developed a hive like itching rash all over his body. Was relieved by Benadryl ad a few days later...his knees started slightly swelling and he had trouble walking. This was relieved by tylenol. Full cardiac workout ruled out rheumatic fever: WBC 16,000. Diff normal. Still waiting in blood tests. Testing for everything. Waiting is hard. They said its a one in a million chance leukemia. Sounds like post strep arthritis. Anyone had the rash in your child with this and elevated WBC?