Pulmonary fibrosis vs LAM
What is the difference between these lung disorders.  My heart scan showed lung cysts, my lung lining looks like Swiss cheese.  The radiologist said it looked like LAM.  A pulmonary doctor said fibrosis.  Neither is good but what is the difference. Not having symptoms at all.  
Hi there!

Cysts are spaces lined by a layer of cells/ connective tissue filled with air of fluid. Swiss cheese pattern is seen with emphysema. LAM is disordered proliferation of smooth muscles in the respiratory tract, while fibrosis refers to deposition of fibrous tissue in response to inflammation/ injury.  While all the conditions could co-exist, it may require a detailed radiological study for an accurate diagnosis. I would suggest discussing the situation, the possible causes and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating pulmonologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for the response.  The pulmonologist had me do a lung ct scan, bloodwork and pulmonary function tests.  I see him may 8 for results.  I have never smoked and live in non smoking household.  Never had lung ailments and had bronchitis once.  A bit shocking to think I have any of those conditions . . .
Got the diagnosis. It is LAM.  Very shocking. More tests ahead.