RSD
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about RDS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy).
My mother has it is her arm, and it's just not something anyone seems to understand completely.

It happened after an accident where she broke her arm, the doctors casted it wrong, and then re-broke it.
The same thing happened to my grandma when she hurt her foot (the doctors casted it wrong and she ended up with RSD).

From what I gather, there is no cure for it, though will the effected body part ever look like the uneffected one?
What IS it exactly?

None of the doctors we visit seem to care or know what they're talking about.

Thanks y'all for your time,
Erica
Hi Erica,
How are you? Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is a chronic pain condition  that presents with continuous, intense pain, which gets worse rather than better over time. It affects  the arms, legs, hands, or feet and may be associated with  changes in the color and temperature of the skin over the affected limb or body part,The cause is unknown but in some cases the sympathetic nervous system plays an important role in sustaining the pain.  Treatment is aimed at relieving painful symptoms through medications,  physical therapy, sympathetic nerve block, spinal cord stimulation, and intrathecal drug pumps to deliver opioids and local anesthetic agents via the spinal cord.There are also possible triggers such as trauma, surgery, heart disease, degenerative arthritis of the neck, stroke or other brain diseases, nerve irritation by entrapment or shingles, shoulder problems, breast cancer, and drugs for tuberculosis and barbiturates. Take care and do keep us posted.