Strange and long lasting rash and swelling...
hi a friend of mine has been having a heck of a time with a severe rash. she first noticed it at work a couple of weeks ago. she had some itchy spots, and when she scratched them they quickly swelled and turned red. eventually they calmed down but any time she would scratch anywhere it would swell up.

it got to the point where she could barely stand to do anything, she was itchy everywhere and when she scratched it swelled up into a red and nasty looking mess. she could actually write words on her body just by running her fingers over her skin, she didn't even need to press hard.

the doctor she went to at first thought it was an allergic reaction, or viral hives, but then he wasn't so sure about either.

now she went to some specialist who told her that it was a "manmade biogerm" which to me just doesn't sound right, especially after his recommended treatment was a cleansing.

my own opinion is that she got some kind of a bug but it has now run its course which is why it's no longer in her blood, and her body is just suffering form the after effects which will go away in time.

of course i'm no doctor, which is why i'm here.

i'd just like to make sure that she's not being ripped off with some phony diagnosis
Urticaria (hives) and Dermographism ,skin writing, she's allergic to something,I have it sometimes it flares up, I am surprised he dint know as Dermographism is very obvious, get her to google about it also Urticaria there are several kinds .Good Luck
How is your friend? Allergic reaction, irritation, infection,  other skin condition such as mentioned by margypops nd underlying medical conditions like liver problems, anemia and diabetes are possible causes. However, it is important that she avoid scratching to avoid secondary bacterial infection. Seek another opinion or have a referral to a skin specialist for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examiantion is important. Take care and do keep us posted.
i got the same thing right now and i'm only 16 i'm trying to find out more i can't write on my skin though but it swells and itches like crazy. i need help finding out everything i can about this. cause i'm getting kinda mad now. its really irritating i can't help but itch it. it is hurting sometimes too. i haven't been to a doctor yet so i don't know anything about it.