Tick bite that won't heal
My 68 year-old husband was bitten by a tick over five months ago. When it wouldn't heal, he went to urgent care and they cut out some tissue in the area after my husband urged them.  He thought there might be part of the tick still present.  It nearly heals, then comes back.  It gets puffy, reddish and is about 3 cm in diamater.  He was put on antibiotics by his doctor and then by a dermatologist.  Developed a rash from a sulfa drug.  Now the rash starts to heal and then comes back.  Tested negative for diabetes.  He uses a corticosteroid creme from the dermatologist for the rash.  Now develops hives and a rash on his legs--just a few spots.
   Blood work was also negative for lymphoma.  He was then bitten on the shoulder by either a spider or mosquito on his shoulder and that wound won't heal up either (it's been about four months for that one).  What could cause this?
  (He did have MRSA in the past).  Could this be a hypersensitivity?
If your husband has MRSA, he has it for life which isn't a big deal  because alot of people have it and don't even know. I work in a nursing home and we have residents who have problems with healing as well if they get sores on them. I can't be sure but I would say that the MRSA has a big role to play in his healing issues.