Tired and light headed before or after eating.

Before I start I would like to state that I have anxiety disorder. For myself, it causes depression, nervousness, and several other symptoms. In turn, this causes me to have "nervous stomach". I get heartburn everyday, unless I take Maximum Strength Pepcid. I have been scoped and I did not have acid reflux or any damage to my esophagus.

Lately I have been frequently feeling light headed after I have eaten a meal and become very full. I then, typically, have a bowel movement almost directly after eating -- then I become very tired and light headed. My anxiety then makes me feel like I am dying, because I become nervous and start having panic attacks. I have never had any problems with my blood sugar. But I do have a very high metabolism. When I eat, I am very hungry around an hour or two later. I am unable to gain weight and I have been, give or take, 120 lbs. for the past three or four years (I am twenty). I have gastrointestinal problems such as, as I mentioned, nervous stomach, heartburn, and seldom Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I drink Coca-cola almost everyday, so I wouldn't think that it would be a lack of sugar -- I also do not eat a lot of sweet things, so it is hard to think that it may be high blood sugar. I know that I will probably have to go to the doctor and have blood work done to be diagnosed, but I am just looking for a few suggestions. I have read that many things can cause this, such as Diabetes, Hypoglycemia, Gastric Dumping, etcetera.

Thank you in advance.
Hi Aleister,
I also have a non-stop (24-7) feeling of light headedness & fatigue. I am also unable to gain weight and stay around 74 kg's NO MATTER WHAT OR HOW MUCH OR LITTLE I EAT!! I am 23 years old, and have had these conditions since i was 10. If you have bloodwork done i predict that they will come back clean except the occasional low mineral level (magnesium, selenium, etc) as well as a low blood platelet count.

I have been searching for an answer my whole entire life, because it is very difficult to function! My mom heard a Doctor talking about this missing protein in the human body which allows certian substances from food not to be broken down properly and therefore being able to penetrate the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier). She doesnt remember which protein this was. How is your situtaion now? If I find out anything than I will keep you informed.

Good Luck!,
-Marco
Have you had a CBC?  What about size of red blood cell?  If too small, it's still iron deficiency anemia.

I get that feeling nearly all the time.  Mine is due to silent migraines.
How are you? Light-headedness occurs when there is not enough blood getting to the brain. This can happen if there is a sudden drop in your blood pressure or you are dehydrated from vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or other causes. It is also associated with hypoglycemia, common cold, or allergies and underlying medical conditions.  Other causes like heart problems, stroke, and shock are also considered. You are right in saying that laboratory tests are needed to reach a diagnosis. To ease any worry or anxiety, have this evaluated further for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.