Rare Diseases Community
Top of head pain (bruise-like)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Top of head pain (bruise-like)

I woke up last week and thought I must have hit my head while I was sleeping. Since then it's felt like I have a bruise on the top right side of my head. This has been accompanied by a headache. When I press on the spot that hurts It feels just like a bruise, although there is no bruise there. Any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is common to experience post traumatic headaches after injury to the head. Ice packs and over-the-counter pain medications may help provide relief. However, if it persists, have this evaluated further for proper diagnosis. Direct clinical examination is important. Take care and do keep us posted.  
Two days ago, I woke with a tender, painful spot on the right side of my head. I took a pain pill for it, but it's not gone away. I don't recall hitting my head on that side, nor is there any sign of injury. There is a slight increase in temp on that side where it hurts, just as a bruised area would give off a slight bit of heat due to the damage.
This is the third day that it is still there - I've no blurred vision, I don't feel nausea or any other adverse symptoms. I haven't even been able to feel any bump or such at the location of the pain.
It is concerning me as I have no way to go to see a doctor or get to a clinic, let alone afford care. But I'm trying to figure out what might be the cause of this issue.