Trapped air in stomach
Yesterday had an ex-ray that showed abnomormal amount of trapped air in stomach.  Symptoms are exteneded stomach from under breast throughout stomach.  Stomach is hard at touch and adds 10" to waistline. This has been going on for years and use to disappers on its own it a couple of days, now it is hanging on for weeks.  All labs and ultra sound of organs are normal.   What is causing this and how can I treat it and prevent it.  I do not chew gum or other activiteis that would have me gulping excess air.

M
      How are you? Trapped air in the stomach could be due to normal process of metabolism in our gastrointestinal system. It is mainly due to production of carbon dioxide by the bacteria in our gastrointestinal system, which partly escapes through the lungs and partly through blood stream.
Flatulence, bloating, belching can also relieve from this problem. But if it is not relieved by these methods a check for severe gastritis, peptic disease and tracheo-esophageal fistula should be checked.
I would recommend to consult a gastroenterologist for further work up on this.
Best.
my wife has the same problen she has so far had an upper gi ,ultra sound and last week they checked her liver,spleen, gallbladder, and kidney's she cannot eat it causes instant pain any more that does not stop so she eats about every 3 days and has also gained weight which makes no sense she looks like she is 6 months preg. she is seeing a gastroenterologist and he is getting frustrated as well as we are
                                                       thanks
                                                               sleasman5
my husband was admitted to hospital yesterday with a chest infection which he is prone to because of extensive surgeries for mouth and throat cancer he cannot eat or drink everything goes through a peg tube, the doctors are more concerned about air in his tummy they said his tummy is soft he dosent have any pain in his stomache he is on oxygen and a drip with antibiotics can anyone tell me please what this is thanks in advance
I've had air trapped in my stomach from a surgery they did last August it shows in my CT scan I've been in major pain since September of last year was told by a GI Dr it's not a big enough issue for them I'm tired of being in constant pain and I work full time which I'm in pain at work as well as being a mom with 7 kids I can't even hold my youngest son due to pain and Dr don't want to listen was told if the pain last for another 6 months to a year then to come back and I've already had this pain and air issue for 9 months so confused