Unexplained Back pain with migraines and shaky hands??
I have neck and back pain everyday. The MRI showed small herniated disks in neck but the back MRI was clear.  I have pain in the middle of my back and anything physical makes it worse. It  all started with severe migraines.  My hands shake now all the time and the pain in unexplained still after not working for 5 months. My physical therapist believes that it is a sympathetic nervous system problem but doesnt think i should still be in so much pain. My family Dr. doesnt know anything about that, my orthapedic Dr. doesnt believe theres anything wrong with me and my neurologist couldnt explain my headaches and thought my backpain was tension. I dont know what to do next or what specialist I could see that will actually help me.
How are you? It is good that the back MRI was clear.  What other tests were done? There are many causes of backpain including musculoskeletal causes such as muscle strain, ruptured disc, spinal stenosis, spine arthritis, spondylolisthesis, osteoporosis and neurological causes as well especially in older patients. The tendons and ligaments are also capable of producing pain. The goal is to keep the pain to a manageable level to progress with rehabilitation, which then can lead to long term pain relief. Medication, heat and massage therapy, posture training courses and physical exercises might help with relieving the pain especially if imaging techniques done are normal.  A rehabilitation doctor may help design exercises suited for you. Take care and do keep us posted.
With regards to your severe migraines, if your medications are not working, talk to your neurologist about this for proper management. It is important that the triggers for your migraines are identified for you to avoid them.  Take care always.