Valley Fever cause extreme pain?
Hi everyone,

My fiance has had valley fever for a few years now. I dont know much but i do know it is the dormant type and that it has began spread to other places. I believe she said a doctor told her it had spread to her lower spine...

Never the less, for the past few months (since may) she has had stomach pain. Over the course of these months she has been to many doctors, tested for everything possibly related to abdominal pain - she even had her gall bladder removed. The pain is getting worse and worse, and just recently she started vomitting (this is new, she was never vomitting before).

My question is this. Since it is possible for the VF to spread through to other organs, is it possible that maybe that is whats causing her pain? I mean, she has severe pain, constantly. It never goes away and when she eats, it gets 10 times worse. We know its not celiacs, chrons, cancer, her gall bladder.....and she has had tons of CTs done and everything comes back fine.

Would anyone have some insight?
Hi ,
How are you? Valley fever is an emerging infectious disease that presents with  flu-like symptoms, tiredness that can sometimes last for longer than a few weeks. Mjority of infected patients have no symptoms at all. A small percentage of infected persons (<1%) can develop disease that spreads outside the lungs to the brain, bone, and skin. Check with her gastroenterologist to determine the underlying cause of these gastric issues. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.