What do I have?
I'm 15 and recently (about November 2012) I developed a sort of writing dyslexia. And when I try to slow down and focus on one letter at a time, I actually mess up the formation of the letter. Next, I always feel completely paranoid, I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I think there's more to it. For instance, when I see a car coming down the street, I always think "Oh my gosh, are they coming to kill me? Are they spying on me for the government?" and I always feel like someone is watching me. My hygiene is decreasingly getting worse along with my eating habits, but whenever I look at my food or toothbrush my only wonder is, "what is on it? Did someone poison it?". Moreover, I have a "twitch" sort of thing. Almost like a jumpy movement or muscle spasm. That has been going on for a couple years. Something thats really annoying is that sometimes I'll hear someone call my name, only to find out no one has called my name. I'm not sure if this is part of the depression, but I am more and more starting to enjoy ample amounts of time isolated and by myself. I think my parents may take offense at this, but I just prefer to spend time by myself. Another bothering factor is that I become very confused while doing something my mother claims is "basic", such as chores, or even walking in a straight line. Its very hard to focus in school, and my grades are getting somewhat worse. I've had a brain MRI and an EEG done, and they both came out perfectly normal. Please help, I'm very scared and anxious.
I will have to advise you to seek council with a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist. It sounds like you may be dealing with the beginnings of Paranoid Schizophrenia. Some cases are milder than others, and many people with this disorder can function close to normal... until they can't. If you feel this is severely affecting your life, address this with your parents and doctor. I know this is scary, and your anxiety levels are through the roof, but you need to be honest and open with them, so they can get you the treatment you need.
Thank you. You don't know jow grateful I am for your advice. I think I'll open up more to my therapist. I haven't told her about the paranoia yet, because I know by law she is required to tell the "main points" to my parents, and I'm afraid my parents won't believe me, or think that I'm faking. But, I suppose it's the only way to get an efficient diagnosis that can truly help me. So, thank you again. You have lifted a LARGE burden off my shoulders :)
Technically, she should not be able to tell them anything, unless you are self-harming, a danger to yourself, a danger to others, or need further help. Tell your therapist that you feel your parents might not believe you. That is a valid fear. She will be able to help advocate for you, if you cannot tell your parents what is going on yourself. Hang in there, and keep us updated. :)
Thanks, I will :)