Rare Diseases Community
What is wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

What is wrong with me?

Hello Everyone, my first post!
Sorry, but this will be long..  I am a 34 year old male. And I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me,  This has been going on for about 5 years now.  All of a sudden one day my head just started feeling "weird" Like I was in a fog.  I developed blurred vision, memory loss and dizziness.  I went to Doctor after Doctor trying to figure it out,  I had CT Scan, MRI, saw a Neurologist, and ENT Doc. No one ever found anything wrong.  So I basically gave up and decided to live with it.  After about 6 months from the onset, the dizziness went away.  The blurred vision, memory loss and brain fog remain to this day. The reason I am posting this is because now I am starting to have other things happen, and again have seen a Doctor who doesn't really seem to know what is wrong.. Before I start this roller coaster of seeing Doctor after Doctor again, I wanted to post this here.  Now along with the brain fog, poor memory, and blurred vision, I have developed a high pitch ringing in my left ear, it sometimes goes away, but mostly I always hear it.  And I am also having muscle twitching all over my body, from the bottoms of my feet all the way up to my eyelids and everything in between. My top and bottom eylids twitch almost non stop.  My ears have also started crackling when I swallow or yawn, and I seem to have a lot of phlegm in my throat all the time.  I am getting very scared that there is something seriously wrong with me that will never be diagnosed.  I seem to have a lot of the symptoms of MS, but the MRI and CT Scan should have caught something, shouldn't they?   I have also read that anxiety can cause most of these problems, but how do I know for sure?   What are the Doctors missing?  What can I do next? I am at the end of my rope.  I don't want to live the rest of my life like this,  I am now a shadow of my former fun loving self.
Did you have any major life changes when that started? New house, Loss Job. Financial, new baby, big trip...You might want to try Xanax .5mg or 1mg three times a day for a few weeks just to see if it is stress related. Sometimes stress happens and you don't even know it. That is what happened to me. Sounds like the symptoms I had. I am 55 now and it was 4 years ago when this started. My blood pressure was eratic too. Could explain the ear ringing. I'm not a doctor but I found that general anxiety can sneek up on you without you noticing it until all the symptoms start. I'm not saying that is the sure answer but it was for me.
Good Luck
bbq333