White headed pimples around my sons anus/inner walls of his bum cheeks

My 4 year old has numerous (20-30) small white headed pimples on the inside walls of his bum cheeks.  It started of as an extremely red rash and then all these white heads broke out.
We brought him to our GP and they (2 doctors) have no idea what it is.
He is not in any pain even when you wipe the area after he has gone to the toilet.
It looks horrendous and very sore but he never complains and it's been there now for 4-5 days
We have done our own research but have found nothing that matches these symptoms.
Any ideas?
How is your son? The skin lesions could be due to irritation, allergic reaction, medication effects, skin issues as well as infection. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked for proper management. He may also benefit from direct clinical examination by a dermatologist. Try not to put anything in the skin lesions as well as  advise him not to scratch. Take care and do keep us posted.
Candidiasis is likely, while a differential diagnosis of early Hand foot and mouth disease(HFMD) starting at the gluteal area is another possibility
Do consult your doc..